As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Entertainment News for Mid-August 2010

Disney's proposed purchase of a 52% stake in Capcom announced earlier this year hits a regulatory roadblock due to questions on how the Capcom catalog would be handled under the Atari umbrella. Another concern was the future of RKO Radio Pictures' rights to the Resident Evil franchise.
- G4 Attack of the Show
Thank God!

Disney's proposed purchase of a 52% stake in Capcom announced earlier this year hits a regulatory roadblock due to questions on how the Capcom catalog would be handled under the Atari umbrella. Another concern was the future of RKO Radio Pictures' rights to the Resident Evil franchise.
- G4 Attack of the Show
Perhaps a solution here is that Disney ensures Capcom remains multiplatform and won't just go to Atari's systems; RKO's film rights (or what I'm assuming you meant by that) could perhaps be on extended until 2025 unless both parties agree to a difference. Interested to see how this goes!
Gus St. Pierre agrees to a $4.5 million USD deal to play Ernest P. Worrell, Jr. in Son of Ernest, which had been in limbo since the death of original Ernest actor Jim Varney almost ten years ago. Neither Emshell, nor Luxor Pictures could confirm as release date as St. Pierre is currently filming Fast Five for a summer 2011 release by Universal.
- Entertainment Tonight
Depending on where F5 is being filmed and what the script of Son of Ernest contains, he could film some segments during Fast Five for a potential release of the holiday season of 2012.

- G4 Attack of the Show

A Moscow coroner reveals in his autopsy report that former Russian leader Vladimir Putin had a mixture of vodka and prescription pills in his system at the time of his death.
- CNN

Gus St. Pierre agrees to a $4.5 million USD deal to play Ernest P. Worrell, Jr. in Son of Ernest, which had been in limbo since the death of original Ernest actor Jim Varney almost ten years ago. Neither Emshell, nor Luxor Pictures could confirm as release date as St. Pierre is currently filming Fast Five for a summer 2011 release by Universal.
- Entertainment Tonight

The Sports Page
In Australia, the National Rugby League has stripped the Melbourne Storm of their 2007 and '09 premierships, as well as three minor premierships between 2006 and '08. The club have been disciplined by the NRL as penalty for a major salary cap breach dating back to 2006. Prior to announcing the penalties assessed to the Storm, NRL CEO David Gallop hoped that the penalties assessed to the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs back in 2002 for a similar cap breach would send a deterrent message to all NRL member clubs.
- Fox Sports

OTL Footage
Thanks for the eneterment new update I hope the next one will include the s post about amc being bought by hard rock (that way the Chinese Wanda group won,t buy out amc) lion gate buying a a small indent anmation (my favorite choice is nerd corp animation the makers f league of super evil storm hawks and dragon booster because there are based in lion gate home town of vancover) and fate of hard rock park (if the smellier don,t change there minds about selling I would have Micheal Jackson or some other popstar buy it,

0124-celestial-park-aerial-scaled.jpg

Universal's Fantastic Realms
Grand Opening held on June 4, 2010

Located at 4700 East Sand Lake Road, where Epic Universe will open in 2025 IOTL.

Opening Day Attractions

Celestial Park

The main entry hub.

Dark Universe
The new home to attractions based on Universal Monsters.
New Line's Critters and Nightmare on Elm Street franchises will also fit the horror theme of this realm.

Wizarding World
The Harry Potter zone. Fantastic Beasts will also be part of this realm in the future.

DreamScape SKG
Obviously, this will be the new home for Shrek and How to Train Your Dragon among others.

Super Nintendo World
Self-explanatory

Equestria
Again, self-explanatory thanks to the third-party deal with Hasbro.​
So basically... just Epic Universe? But with a wider DreamWorks land and extra ponies?

oldnavy I remember you said that hard rock tried to buy out Columbia discovery but failed. Will someone else buy them out soon. I like idea of it being comcast. for the sake of making the time line different from reality I feel that Comcast should a studio other then universal And it seams that Columbia is the most vunabre to takeover by a company not involved in media production. I feel that it is Comcast interest to by columbia because cable tv is going the way of the dodo and they don,t diversity they only succefull market will be interest service providing.other poitnal buyers for Columbia include att Amazon commodore sprint golden gate capital Appollo global capital blackstone inc Cerberus. Capital or barkshirehawathy

Perhaps a solution here is that Disney ensures Capcom remains multiplatform and won't just go to Atari's systems; RKO's film rights (or what I'm assuming you meant by that) could perhaps be on extended until 2025 unless both parties agree to a difference. Interested to see how this goes!

Depending on where F5 is being filmed and what the script of Son of Ernest contains, he could film some segments during Fast Five for a potential release of the holiday season of 2012.

Here's a compromise that can be reached:
Disney can lower its proposed stake in Capcom to about 33% while the remaining 66% can go to Peacock, CBS Discovery, TBS+Paramount, Lionsgate, Saban or Bally.

Would that be fair?

i Would prefer is Disney don,t hold any shares of Capcom. I would prefer if it be should some studio whose video game division is a small and only make Games based on it ips. They companys include Columbia Saban and Henson. I would also consider seling it to Comcast Amazon or verizon and hard rock. I really like the ide of hardrock expanding outside of caisson and themeparks

So TBS+Paramount gets the third quarter.

Now it's the remaining 25% up for grabs.
It if you inns,t on a 4 split why not give the last 4th to the or a japass company like ratio Bandai snk sammy(they are a Japanese gambling machine company who bought saga otl or index corp ( they own Atlus corp during the late 2000

Oldnavy naradreamland closed in 2011 otl. I hope Nara Disney last longer. For that to happen I feel it need a major refurment making it different from tokyo Disneyland.. I feel that Nara Disney reufment should focus on Japanese culture. I hear that seversl Disney imagers wanted to make Japanese cultural cartoo s for Tokyo Disney bu they were rejectrd by the orientalist land company because they wanted Tokyo Disney to feel like a trip to americw

MV5BNzQwYzUzOGYtNjQwYi00NmRkLWE3ZTUtY2I5ZGU2YTkyNjg3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDgyODgxNjE@._V1_.jpg

Ace Ventura, Jr.
Released by Universal Pictures in association with Morgan Creek on August 13, 2010

Main Cast
Josh Flitter as Ace, Jr.
Courtney Cox as Melissa Robinson
Emma Lockhart as Laura

All other cast members are the same as the OTL direct to DVD film.

Notes
Morgan Creek retained the rights to the Ace Ventura character. Warner Bros wanted to distance themselves from Ace following the backlash over the big reveal in the original 1994 film. Because of that, Morgan Creek turned to Universal Studios to help them revive Ace, albeit with Ace, Jr.

Because of the negative outcry over the transphobia from the original 1994 film, Jim Carrey in later years said he regretted the transphobic gags in said film. When former teen heartthrob Johanna Thomas came out and said the transphobia in the original film kept her closeted during her stint as Randy Taylor on Home Improvement, Carrey pivoted toward being open to an Ace Ventura reboot on the condition that transphobic humor would not be repeated.

Also because of the backlash over the transphobic humor of the original Ace Ventura, which featured the Miami Dolphins and their mascot as the main plot device, then-NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue imposed a five year moratorium [against the wishes of some owners] on teams licensing their logos for films higher than a PG rating. As a result, Hollywood filmmakers wanting to do [gridiron] football movies for a more adult audience, like Oliver Stone's Any Given Sunday, or Howard Deutch's The Replacements, had to pivot towards creating fictional teams. However, in the case of Ernest Goes to the World Bowl, released by Luxor in 1995, Emshell and Jim Varney were able to secure cost-effective licensing arrangements with the spring-time World League of American Football.​