Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

I made a patch for the Dutch East Indies in 1940-1941, showing the autonomous states and lower level subdivisions.

I'm pretty confident about most of the native states, although I'm not too convinced with New Guinea; the very few sources I found contradict each other, and I couldn't be sure about Kaimana's territorial extension; in the end I mostly followed the current regency's borders. New Guinea's subdistrict borders are mostly guesses too.

Also someone should look into what New Guinea's status really was; there was the Kaimana Kingdom, but the rest of the territory itself, while administered directly by the Dutch, was legally territory of the Sultanate of Tidore; although I could not find the extent of said claim.

Feel free to use and/or improve upon!

DEI QBAM.png

Last edited:
I made a patch for the Dutch East Indies in 1940-1941, showing the autonomous states and lower level subdivisions.

I'm pretty confident about most of the native states, although I'm not too convinced with New Guinea; the very few sources I found contradict each other, and I couldn't be sure about Kaimana's territorial extension; in the end I mostly followed the current regency's borders. New Guinea's subdistrict borders are mostly guesses too.

Also someone should look into what New Guinea's status really was; there was the Kaimana Kingdom, but the rest of the territory itself, while administered directly by the Dutch, was legally territory of the Sultanate of Tidore; although I could not find the extent of said claim.

Feel free to use and/or improve upon!

View attachment 906879
This is gorgeous 0: