1905 revolution TL

I'm thinking of starting a TL that has sucessfull 1905 Russian revolution. What should I call it? Is it plausible? Anything else I should consider?

I'm thinking of starting a TL that has sucessfull 1905 Russian revolution. What should I call it? Is it plausible? Anything else I should consider?

Are you thinking of Russia having a CM along German lines as a result?

Problem is the Tsar has the support of the Army so you'd need to make the defeats in the Russo-Japanese war really really really bad

Any such revolution is unlikely to be like the 1917 revolutions. You might have Tsar Nicholas II stubbornly decided to fight a bit longer against Japan in the Russo-Japanese War. The revolution becomes worse as people are unsatisfied with the defeats and want peace and bread on the table.

Nicholas would have to abdicate in favour of his haemophiliac son Alexei and his brother Michael will become regent. He, in turn, will be forced to reform and write down a constitution and a Duma and modernize Russia unless he wants a Republic. Russia will not be fully democratic, but more like Wilhelmine Germany I think where the Tsar still exercises some power. If, Alexei dies young, which is quite likely, then Michael becomes Tsar Michael II. That's all I can think of. right now.

As for a title, maybe 'the Russian Revolution' would do.

Any such revolution is unlikely to be like the 1917 revolutions. You might have Tsar Nicholas II stubbornly decided to fight a bit longer against Japan in the Russo-Japanese War. The revolution becomes worse as people are unsatisfied with the defeats and want peace and bread on the table.

Nicholas would have to abdicate in favour of his haemophiliac son Alexei and his brother Michael will become regent. He, in turn, will be forced to reform and write down a constitution and a Duma and modernize Russia unless he wants a Republic. Russia will not be fully democratic, but more like Wilhelmine Germany I think where the Tsar still exercises some power. If, Alexei dies young, which is quite likely, then Michael becomes Tsar Michael II. That's all I can think of. right now.

As for a title, maybe 'the Russian Revolution' would do.

So long as the Tsar has the support of the army and reactionary Aristocracy etc he can just undo any changes he had made from Revolt as he did IOTL