As Dreamers Do Part Deux

The other problem Sony was having to license material from the libraries of other conglomerates. They have licensed Akko Chan, Candy Candy and Kimba from Fox, Speed Racer and Dragon Ball Z from Warner Bros, Sailor Moon from New Line and Angie Girl from Columbia-TriStar. What Sony really wanted as the centerpiece for the network is Urusei Yatsura, but Fox had already licensed that back to HBO for the 20th Anniversary in 2003 and the license doesn't expire until 2010.
To be fair, getting some of the finest works from Peacock's competitors, especially with Universal's very infamous Dog of Flanders dub, is no small task. If anything, I'd be thankful for what they picked up in the first place.

Still, I really don't blame them for wanting Urusei Yatsura as the centerpiece of Animax, especially given how the initial VHS releases were rushed in due to bootlegging in its first year.

To be fair, getting some of the finest works from Peacock's competitors, especially with Universal's very infamous Dog of Flanders dub, is no small task. If anything, I'd be thankful for what they picked up in the first place.

Still, I really don't blame them for wanting Urusei Yatsura as the centerpiece of Animax, especially given how the initial VHS releases were rushed in due to bootlegging in its first year.

Gus St. Pierre: "One year, Uncle Andre took me, Colette and Daphne to Baton Rouge for an LSU football game. We stayed the night before at a motel that had free HBO and sure enough, they were showing Urusei Yatsura that night. The next day, while we were tailgating before the game, we saw an LSU cheerleader selling bootleg tapes of the show from the trunk of her car. She winked at me while Colette gave her a couple bucks for one of the tapes. On our way back to New Orleans after the game, we heard a radio commercial for the official tape release. And of course, I got the Lum Invader poster in the mail which had her passing out beads from a French Quarter balcony. It was a free giveaway by Cox Cable for HBO subscribers and that's the same one my character Ferguson had in his room on Clarissa Explains it All."

One question I forgot to ask since we are in 2005 is about the new version of Captain Scarlet that came out that year. Hopefully it had a better fate here than OTL for IIRC it was supposed to have a prime time Saturday night slot yet ITV screwed it over and put it on Sunday mornings.
Looking at it, I do wish another series had been commissioned.

One question I forgot to ask since we are in 2005 is about the new version of Captain Scarlet that came out that year. Hopefully it had a better fate here than OTL for IIRC it was supposed to have a prime time Saturday night slot yet ITV screwed it over and put it on Sunday mornings.
Looking at it, I do wish another series had been commissioned.
That will debut in the UK in February of 2006 because both ITV and the BBC have been preoccupied with continuous Katrina coverage, plus the news cycle of Michael J. Fox being in hospice care.

Entertainment News for Thanksgiving 2005

This year’s Macy’s parade is headlined by Miley Cyrus playing her Nickelodeon character and by themed floats of Carmen Sandiego and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi.
- NBC

New Line Cinema licenses six titles to Limited Run for VHS release: Nightmare on Elm Street, Dirty Dancing, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Pulp Fiction, Sailor Moon (1996 live action film) and The Matrix.
- Billboard

Turner hops on the Limited Run bandwagon with The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, 2001: A Space Odyssey, the original Rocky, Rain Man, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Beavis and Butt-Head Do America.
- CNN

Peacock reaches an agreement with Limited Run for Dracula (1931), Frankenstein (1931), Jaws (1975), Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979), Sixteen Candles (1984), Back to the Future (1985), An American Tail (1986), Jurassic Park (1993) and Shrek (2001).
- Variety

Rumored Disney and Fox titles for the first wave of Limited Run releases: Dumbo, Bongo, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland (1969 version), Robin Hood, Die Hard and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 film).
- The New York Times

The Sports Page
All of the NFL’s Thanksgiving day games were preceded by a moment of silence in tribute to actor Michael J. Fox, who was confirmed to be in hospice care earlier in the week.

Arizona Cardinals vs. Detroit Lions
TV: CBS
Announcers: Jim Nantz and Phil Simms
Venue: Little Caesar’s Dome (known IOTL as Ford Field)

Las Vegas Raiders at Dallas Cowboys (aka Brady vs. Romo)
TV: SBC
Announcers: Mike “Doc” Emrick and Cris Collinsworth
Venue: Texas Stadium

Houston Oilers at Los Angeles Rams (the first Thanksgiving game in prime time)
TV: Fox
Announcers: Tim Kitzrow and Cris Carter
Venue: Amblin Field

Shagian disneyland land opend d 2016 otla and Hong kong disneyland open in 2005 otl but is openingis opening in 2006 atl Does anyboy think it would be plauble for disney to open a park some sometime between 2006 and 2016. Potial location include vanconver cannaa, Cancun mexico,, punta can domonic republic jeuju island south korea (possily on the otl stie of jeju shawia world) durbinick coriatia prague chech republic or warsaw poland

This year’s Macy’s parade is headlined by Miley Cyrus playing her Nickelodeon character and by themed floats of Carmen Sandiego and Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi.
- NBC
Okay. That's fine.
New Line Cinema licenses six titles to Limited Run for VHS release: Nightmare on Elm Street, Dirty Dancing, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Pulp Fiction, Sailor Moon (1996 live action film) and The Matrix.
- Billboard

Turner hops on the Limited Run bandwagon with The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Casablanca, 2001: A Space Odyssey, the original Rocky, Rain Man, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Beavis and Butt-Head Do America.
- CNN

Peacock reaches an agreement with Limited Run for Dracula (1931), Frankenstein (1931), Jaws (1975), Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979), Sixteen Candles (1984), Back to the Future (1985), An American Tail (1986), Jurassic Park (1993) and Shrek (2001).
- Variety

Rumored Disney and Fox titles for the first wave of Limited Run releases: Dumbo, Bongo, Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland (1969 version), Robin Hood, Die Hard and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 film).
- The New York Times
If all of this is true, including the rumors about Disney and Fox, then the movies I don't feel are justified enough are outweighed by the movies that are no-brainers at this point.

Like, for every film like Dirty Dancing or Rain Man, there are 2-4 movies like Dracula or Frankenstein, the 1990 TMNT film, An American Tail, The Wizard of Oz, Nightmare on Elm Street, and so on and so forth.

Yes, I do wish more films got released, but this is just Wave 1 from four major studios, and we don't even have a list for CBS yet.

- NBC

- Billboard

- CNN

- Variety

- The New York Times

The Sports Page
All of the NFL’s Thanksgiving day games were preceded by a moment of silence in tribute to actor Michael J. Fox, who was confirmed to be in hospice care earlier in the week.

So VHS is still a thing right now? That's cool. So what formats are out right now for home video formats? Maybe the PSP UMD Video format could last longer with more titles on it.

Also, I hope Michael J. Fox will be okay.

So VHS is still a thing right now? That's cool. So what formats are out right now for home video formats? Maybe the PSP UMD Video format could last longer with more titles on it.

Also, I hope Michael J. Fox will be okay.
Most handheld consoles outside of Nintendo are in the UMD format.

As for Mr. Fox, there is still a chance he can miraculously get out of hospice if his symptoms show improvement but I’m not sure how to make that plausible without getting too ASB.

That will debut in the UK in February of 2006 because both ITV and the BBC have been preoccupied with continuous Katrina coverage, plus the news cycle of Michael J. Fox being in hospice care.
That's good, IIRC Gerry Anderson had wanted to make a CGI remake of Thunderbirds shortly afterwards so maybe if Captain Scarlet is a success then maybe we'll get it here which I'm told was to genderswap two of the Tracy brothers (John and Gordon if I'm correct) which might have caused some controversy but then again it seemed to have worked in the remake of Captain Scarlet so why not.

- NBC
So the series will go on, despite her father being part of that organization.
- Billboard
Nice.
- CNN
Cool.
- Variety
More and more eh.
- The New York Times
Good picks for all of them.
The Sports Page
Hope he’s okay.

Who’s Tim Kitzrow?

I know that despite your dislike of havary winstine oldnavy you have had him accomplish some great good as president. Will he conitue to acomplish great good or will things go south for him. If he can still accomplish good will he be able to reduce the impactof the 2007 2008 housing bubble . I don't think any one can prevent it but someone could possialby reduce it.

We'll nice to meet you, but I hope Warner Bros. is joining the Limited Run VHS line. But the most anticipated Sam Mendes-directed film Rambo IV (a combination of Jarhead and 2008's Rambo) is on the way to theaters this Thanksgiving.

We'll nice to meet you, but I hope Warner Bros. is joining the Limited Run VHS line. But the most anticipated Sam Mendes-directed film Rambo IV (a combination of Jarhead and 2008's Rambo) is on the way to theaters this Thanksgiving.
Warners will be next but it'll take me some time to figure out which titles should go first.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005 Film)
MV5BMjAwMTQxNzg5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDIxNTQyMw%2540%2540._V1_SY1000_CR0%252C0%252C1526%252C1000_AL_.jpg

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Released by United Artists on November 23, 2005

Based on the novel by
CS Lewis

Cast and Crew
Same as OTL

Notes
- Turner decided to gamble and release Wardrobe early to give this version a head start ahead of Peter Jackson’s remake of King Kong, which will likely be a dual branded release by Peacock under the Universal and RKO labels.
- The trailer for Team Atlantis was supposed to precede this film but was pulled when Michael J Fox entered hospice care. Instead, we see a preview for Batman/TMNT, the first in a series of Marvel/DC animated crossovers that was originally scheduled to go straight to DVD but will now get a last-minute theatrical run.​

Last edited:
- Turner decided to gamble and release Wardrobe early to give this version a head start ahead of Peter Jackson’s remake of King Kong, which will likely be a dual branded release by Peacock under the Universal and RKO labels.​
Smart idea, considering how Narnia and King Kong could cancel each other out due to their current irrelevance in movie form.

I say "in movie form", because of the Kong animated series that NBC still airs because they can.
- The trailer for Team Atlantis was supposed to precede this film, but was pulled when Michael J Fox entered hospice care. Instead, we see a preview for Batman/TMNT, the first in a series of Marvel/DC animated crossovers that was originally scheduled to go straight to DVD, but will now get a last minute theatrical run.​
On the bright side, if there's anything that can replace Team Atlantis for now, it's Batman/TMNT. Heck, if this is the first in a series like this, perhaps a Spider-Man/Superboy movie could be in the works?

Entertainment News for Late November 2005
Entertainment News for Late November 2005

On his 28th birthday, Gus St. Pierre and his older half sister Daphne returned to New Orleans to survey the rubble of what was once their childhood home in the Ninth Ward. The house, destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, was occupied by Gus and his siblings when they were kids. Despite the poverty and crime that plague this neighborhood in particular, it was all that was affordable to their mother Bridgette, who lived on welfare checks. In 1993, Gus moved to Southern California to live with his eldest sister Colette, who became his legal guardian. That same year, the other St Pierre kids followed suit when Bridgette married the already infamous John Kricfalusi. During that time, Daphne stayed in New Orleans to earn a teaching credential, which she got at Tulane University. Today, Gus and Daphne cried on each other's shoulders after seeing for themselves the wreckage of childhood memories - many of them painful - suddenly reduced to nothing.
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams

A physician who asked to remain anonymous says there's still a chance Michael J. Fox's health can improve despite the actor being in hospice care.
- Buena Vista News (BVN)

Fox to air the 40th anniversary broadcast of The Sound of Music on Christmas Eve. The special celebration was supposed to take place in late August but was preempted by a simulcast of BVN's coverage of Hurricane Katrina and a telethon for disaster relief.
- TV Guide

AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas and other chains scramble quickly to book Batman/TMNT ahead of its theatrical release scheduled for February 2006.
- Variety

Warner Bros. teases Gremlins, the Goonies, Space Jam, Men in Black and the Rambo trilogy as the titles being licensed to Limited Run.
- The Oregonian

On his 28th birthday, Gus St. Pierre and his older half sister Daphne returned to New Orleans to survey the rubble of what was once their childhood home in the Ninth Ward. The house, destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, was occupied by Gus and his siblings when they were kids. Despite the poverty and crime that plague this neighborhood in particular, it was all that was affordable to their mother Bridgette, who lived on welfare checks. In 1993, Gus moved to Southern California to live with his eldest sister Colette, who became his legal guardian. That same year, the other St Pierre kids followed suit when Bridgette married the already infamous John Kricfalusi. During that time, Daphne stayed in New Orleans to earn a teaching credential, which she got at Tulane University. Today, Gus and Daphne cried on each other's shoulders after seeing for themselves the wreckage of childhood memories - many of them painful - suddenly reduced to nothing.
- NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams

A physician who asked to remain anonymous says there's still a chance Michael J. Fox's health can improve despite the actor being in hospice care.
- Buena Vista News (BVN)

Fox to air the 40th anniversary broadcast of The Sound of Music on Christmas Eve. The special celebration was supposed to take place in late August but was preempted by a simulcast of BVN's coverage of Hurricane Katrina and a telethon for disaster relief.
- TV Guide

AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas and other chains scramble quickly to book Batman/TMNT ahead of its theatrical release scheduled for February 2006.
- Variety

Warner Bros. teases Gremlins, the Goonies, Space Jam, Men in Black and the Rambo trilogy as the titles being licensed to Limited Run.
- The Oregonian
1: That must feel awful for them.
2: Well, that's good.
3: At least it's not pushed back to next year.
4: Good idea.
5: All of these movies are great selections at WB.