As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) will rebrand in the coming months as simply Impact Wrestling, named after one of its weeknight shows which airs on The Hub.

Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) had a very comfortable home at HBO in the 90's. However, that changed when HBO's parent company Bally gained the rights to TNA/Impact.

The major belt holders at the moment are as follows:
AEW: John Cena
NWA: Shared by Colt Cabana and CM Punk
WCW: Booker T
TNA: Scott Steiner
ECW: Dean Ambrose
Thank you for this recap @OldNavy1988. As for those who are looking forward to Impact's rebranding, stay tuned.

The Colts chances of going 19-0 are gone away to the Team that won the Super Bowl @ Home, The Arizona Cardinals!
homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Last edited:
Entertainment News for Early to Mid February 2008

Eddsworld headlines a new FX block devoted to cable adaptations of popular webtoons.
- TV Guide

Bobobo replaces Jimmy's Head on ABC's SatAm lineup.
- Entertainment Weekly

SBC launches Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles in a bid to breathe new life into the franchise.
- Variety
AWESOME!

Is the ADHD(Animation Domination High Def) block and Bobobo hits?
I hope it's not kneecap'd by a writer's strike ITTL, that was a legit good show!
Is the cast the same as IOTL?
Same here.
At the last minute, UPN pulled a Mad TV sketch in which Constance Wu was to play Joyce Chung in a parody of 60 Minutes. UPN said in a statement that the skit was pulled before it could air in light of recent revelations surrounding the Oakland Police Department's cover up of the 1990 car accident that left the real-life Joyce Chung permanently incontinent and her parents dead.
- KGO-TV Local News
Ouch.
Herb Scannell will officially succeed Jeffrey Bewkes at Bally on September 1.
- The Chicago Sun-Times
What will Herb do to make the company better?

Maybe he could make The Bozo Show also air on The Hub and WGN America?

But who's gonna be in charge of Nickelodeon now?

Maybe Stuart Synder?
The Sports Page
2008 Super Bowl
February 3, 2008
Venue:
Circle K Dome (Phoenix, AZ)
TV: SBC
Announcers: Mike "Doc" Emrick and Boomer Esiason
MVP: Larry Fitzgerald (WR; Cardinals)

The Indianapolis Colts' 18-0 winning streak came to an end on Super Bowl Sunday. Peyton Manning (Colts) and Kurt Warner (Cardinals) combined for a Super Bowl record 1,100 passing yards. The winning touchdown came in the final two minutes with Warner completing a play action pass to Larry Fitzgerald to win 24-17. The Cardinals became the second team since the 2003 Houston Oilers to play and win a Super Bowl on their own turf.

The Cardinals' victory parade through Downtown Phoenix (below).
Daniel-Bryan-y-sus-seguidores-en-el-episodio-de-Raw-del-10-de-marzo-de-2014-WWE.gif
Cool.
The Colts chances of going 19-0 are gone away to the Team that won the Super Bowl @ Home, The Arizona Cardinals!
homer-simpson-doh.jpg
I see what you did here!

Eddsworld headlines a new FX block devoted to cable adaptations of popular webtoons.
- TV Guide

- Entertainment Weekly

SBC launches Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles in a bid to breathe new life into the franchise.
- Variety

At the last minute, UPN pulled a Mad TV sketch in which Constance Wu was to play Joyce Chung in a parody of 60 Minutes. UPN said in a statement that the skit was pulled before it could air in light of recent revelations surrounding the Oakland Police Department's cover up of the 1990 car accident that left the real-life Joyce Chung permanently incontinent and her parents dead.
- KGO-TV Local News

- The Chicago Sun-Times
1: Yeah? Then what are the other webtoons?
2: I see that as an improvement.
3: Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
4: Good thing, otherwise we'd have the next "SBC Nancy Drew Incident" on our hands.
5: Great!

Entertainment News for Early to Mid February 2008

- TV Guide
Nice!
- Entertainment Weekly
That’s great!
- Variety
Oh baby!
- KGO-TV Local News
For the best. I guess.
- The Chicago Sun-Times
Bye bye, Bewkes! At last.
The Sports Page
2008 Super Bowl
February 3, 2008
Venue:
Circle K Dome (Phoenix, AZ)
TV: SBC
Announcers: Mike "Doc" Emrick and Boomer Esiason
MVP: Larry Fitzgerald (WR; Cardinals)

The Indianapolis Colts' 18-0 winning streak came to an end on Super Bowl Sunday. Peyton Manning (Colts) and Kurt Warner (Cardinals) combined for a Super Bowl record 1,100 passing yards. The winning touchdown came in the final two minutes with Warner completing a play action pass to Larry Fitzgerald to win 24-17. The Cardinals became the second team since the 2003 Houston Oilers to play and win a Super Bowl on their own turf.

The Cardinals' victory parade through Downtown Phoenix (below).
Daniel-Bryan-y-sus-seguidores-en-el-episodio-de-Raw-del-10-de-marzo-de-2014-WWE.gif
Whoo! Let’s run it back Cards! (Side note: I was at the D-Backs rally after they won the 2001 World Series IRL and that was epic. Can’t imagine what Phoenix would do if the Cardinals won, there’d be riots, I’m sure).

Updated Fox Sports intro for February 2008.

Voiceover A:

Home to the National Football League...

NASCAR...

The National Wrestling Alliance...

Women's Major League Soccer....

The World League of American Football...

AND....

Coming in Fall 2008, the International Hockey League...

National Basketball Association...

And in 2009, the Goodwill Games!

The World's Biggest Events are on Fox Sports!!!!

Voiceover B:
You're watching Fox Sports! Home to the WMLS Cup...

The World Bowl...

The Daytona 500...

The Turner Cup [IHL championship]...

AND...

The 2009 Super Bowl!

OTL example of Fox Sports' bumpers from this period:

The NBA's new TV contract which starts in 2008-09 and runs through 2013-14 will look like this:

Weeknights:

Mondays carried by NBA TV
Tuesdays and Thursdays on TNT
Wednesdays and Fridays on FX

On FX, The ADHD block, Anime Dojo and NWA Rampage/Dynamite will shift accordingly. DVD on TV will shift to G4.

Weekend Afternoons (After football season):
Split between UPN and ABC
Fox will concentrate on the IHL, WLAF, WMLS and NASCAR

All Star Weekend
2008-09 Phoenix
2009-10 Dallas
2010-11 San Diego
2011-12 Orlando (new Amway Center)
2012-13 Expansion city
2013-14 Expansion city

Friday (All events carried by TNT)

Pro-Am Celebrity Game
Rising Stars Challenge
D-League Skills challenges

Saturday (All events carried by TNT)
Slam Dunk and 3-Point Contests
D-League All Star Game

Sunday
All Star Game (8 PM Eastern/5 Pacific on UPN)

Playoffs
First and second rounds split between TNT, UPN, ABC and FX
Conference Finals will alternate between UPN and ABC

Finals
ABC
2008-09, 2011-12
UPN 2009-10, 2012-13
Fox 2010-11, 2013-14

NBA Draft
TNT
2009, 2012
FX 2010, 2013
ESPN 2011, 2014

Theme Songs
UPN and TNT

FX and Fox

ABC

WLAF TV changes for 2008

UPN and TNT will both share the same theme music. (ITTL, TNT had the NFL from 1990-93 until Fox got the Sunday night package)

Ditto with Fox

@OldNavy1988 hey, so I have an idea

Maybe you could give Hub Network an SATAM action cartoon block! Call it Vortexx or something!

I already have some ideas for their first lineup:

8:00: Rescue Heroes
8:30: Rescue Heroes
9:00: Sonic X
9:30: Power Rangers (whatever season we’re on)
10:00: Iron Man: Armored Adventure
10:30: Justice League Unlimited
11:00: Ryukendo: Chronicles of the Magic Bullet OR Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
11:30: Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:00: Yu-Gi-Oh!
12:30: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL

Any changes you need me to make, I’d be happy to do.

@OldNavy1988 hey, so I have an idea

Maybe you could give Hub Network an SATAM action cartoon block! Call it Vortexx or something!

I already have some ideas for their first lineup:

8:00: Rescue Heroes
8:30: Rescue Heroes
9:00: Sonic X
9:30: Power Rangers (whatever season we’re on)
10:00: Iron Man: Armored Adventure
10:30: Justice League Unlimited
11:00: Ryukendo: Chronicles of the Magic Bullet OR Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
11:30: Dragon Ball Z Kai
12:00: Yu-Gi-Oh!
12:30: Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL

Any changes you need me to make, I’d be happy to do.
Power Rangers Samurai was meant to air in 2010 if Disney gave a damn IOTL. Maybe have it follow Amit Bhaumik's original pitch for the season?
Also why not both Ryukendo (which I honestly wish was brought over IOTL) and KRDK air alongside Power Rangers Samurai and a rerun of a previous season of the show? Also why not look into bring this show into the west?

Justirisers was produced by Toho and would be nice to see the show be a success here in the states... It is technically the second series but is the best one to be brought over first.

Also why not both Ryukendo (which I honestly wish was brought over IOTL) and KRDK air alongside Power Rangers Samurai and a rerun of a previous season of the show? Also why not look into bring this show into the west?
Justirisers was produced by Toho and would be nice to see the show be a success here in the states... It is technically the second series but is the best one to be brought over first.

That would make sense, but a problem arises: Where would we PUT KRDK?

Only thing I see us doing is moving Rescue Heroes to 7-8, and putting another show in its timeslot. Maybe air reruns of some other show, like Batman TAS. Or bring Nanoboy and/or Transformers Prime to Vortexx as launch titles.

Also, I propose we keep Vortexx running for longer than 2014. Maybe keep it running to present day, and have it air Voltron Legendary Defender and the other DWA Netflix originals from OTL. And Glitter Force (or Smile Pretty Cure, if you wanna make a more faithful dub, which - come on... this is obviously the better option).

What's the television landscape like for college football? I'd like to suggest that Raycom's 1990 plan to turn the Metro Conference into a 16-team superconference goes through ITTL, butterflying away most of the last 30 years of reälignments.

You know what?

I was just thinking that TBS-Paramount should dig back in their archives and bring back Ultraman to America after the merger is completed.

What show do you think would be the best to restart Ultraman in America? @TheMatthew25 and @UNIVERSAL.EXE?

What do you think @OldNavy1988?
Ultraman Max, if you haven't released that one already.

Or for Adult Swim (or another block), probably Ultraseven X.

That would make sense, but a problem arises: Where would we PUT KRDK?

Only thing I see us doing is moving Rescue Heroes to 7-8, and putting another show in its timeslot. Maybe air reruns of some other show, like Batman TAS. Or bring Nanoboy and/or Transformers Prime to Vortexx as launch titles.

Also, I propose we keep Vortexx running for longer than 2014. Maybe keep it running to present day, and have it air Voltron Legendary Defender and the other DWA Netflix originals from OTL. And Glitter Force (or Smile Pretty Cure, if you wanna make a more faithful dub, which - come on... this is obviously the better option).
Honestly up to whoever thinks it will work out for the best. Also maybe it is a success (both KRDK and Justirisers) and maybe lead to more adoptions. and revival of the Toho Toku series. Maybe a revival of Zone Fighters would work if things play out.

Also no Glitter Force, please. either adapt Precure as is or forget it.