Hensonverse Speculation and Commentary

*sells all my interest in the hensonverse which wasn’t much to begin with now that @Geekhis Khan just drew the last straw to @KPyall

Hi, @kirbopher15, Nathanoraptor here.

First off, Geekhis didn't do anything wrong - he basically said that you need to put all those diary entries in an article and publish it as a guest post. The Guest Thread is for completed posts only - for drafts, you use PMs.

In addition, your "diary entries" are practically infested with continuity errors - aside from Harry Potter being called Harry Fletcher, Rowling also doesn't use the "HP/HF and the [such-and-such]" structure ITTL, because Indiana Jones doesn't ITTL. Muppets from Space has also, to the best of my knowledge, been butterflied. (There's also the grammar and spelling, but I won't bring those up). Also, @Shockeye7665 is planning on covering Harry Fletcher in the near future... you could have asked what was planned.

Last edited:
Hi, @kirbopher15, Nathanoraptor here.

First off, Geekhis didn't do anything wrong - he basically said that you need to put all those diary entries in an article and publish it as a guest post. The Guest Thread is for completed posts only - for drafts, you use PMs.

In addition, your "diary entries" are practically infested with continuity errors - aside from Harry Potter being called Harry Fletcher, Rowling also doesn't use the "HP/HF and the [such-and-such]" structure ITTL, because Indiana Jones doesn't ITTL. Muppets from Space has also, to the best of my knowledge, been butterflied. (There's also the grammar and spelling, but I won't bring those up). Also, @Shockeye7665 is planning on covering Harry Fletcher in the near future... you could have asked what was planned.
Even so there is nothing you can do to win me back I am officially done with the Hensonverse

WB. Struggling newcomer as OTL.
Hmmmm, with Katzenberg going to Warner Bros., maybe TTL's equivalent of Smallville, and maybe the Bruce Wayne TV series (that was initially pitched by screenwriter Tim McCanlies in OTL, before the creative differences between the film and TV divisions of Warner Bros pretty much scuppered the whole thing) could be aired on there, basically as part as the whole "bringing new gravitas to the DC film franchise" and any sort of plans that Katz would have to revitalise the DC Cinematic Universe (by starting afresh on Superman and Batman).

So either David Tennant
Ewn3gI5U.jpg

or Benedict Cumberbatch
J5scRS7w.jpg

as "Vincent Price"/Dr. Graves for my The Many Ghost Stories of Dr. Graves horror anthology series? (Looking at the two I'm voting for Benedict.)

Alright, I contacted Kirbopher. Turns out it was an attempted middle finger. He really needs to learn to handle criticism.
Admittedly I could have been more polite in it. Looking back, I can see how my words came across pretty rude. Not my intention. Meant to be direct and to the point, not insulting. I was dealing with a family issue this weekend and my temper was pretty short.

So ITTL, Ted Turner, who of course owns CNN, also owns CBS, so I'm thinking about what a joint CBS-CNN news operation - which I'm nicknaming "Columbia News" after the (eventual) name of the parent company for Turner's media holdings - might look like by the 1990s:
  • The two "Columbia News" brands - CBS News and CNN - both remain intact on their respective networks, so no "CNN on CBS" or anything like that. IMO there's no need to throw away the brand equity of a Big 3 broacast network
  • CBS and CNN produce jointly coverage of scheduled major events (e.g. presidential elections, national party conventions, State of the Union addresses) as well as breaking news events
  • CBS points viewers to CNN for national and international news coverage when CBS network news programming isn't airing
  • Some CBS talent appear on CNN and vice-versa. In additon to reporters, this could also include, for example, CNN anchors filling in on CBS news programs like the CBS Evening News
  • Select news programming gets shared between CBS and CNN. Some examples that pop into my mind:
    • Late evenings on Sundays, CNN airs a repeat of CBS's 60 Minutes from earlier that evening
    • CBS overnights sees a repeat of that evening's Larry King Live from CNN, followed by simulcasting Headline News until the various affiliates start up their local morning newscasts

So IOTL, Walter was named after the first puppet Jason Segel owned. I'm starting to think his name would be affected ITTL, given his counterpart debuted six years earlier than IOTL and I gave him his OTL name (and performer) in my Muppet Quiz and Good Muppet Morning! posts. Ditto for Wendy, given her name starts with the same initial.

Maybe something like Dick and Jane, a nod to two characters from those old 1930s children's stories? (Though people definitely don't think of "Dick" as a person's name anymore.) Other options: Martin and Marcie, Jason and Janey (a wink to Segel), Peter and Patty, Charles and Cheryl, or just sticking with Walter and Wendy.

(I could go back and retcon his and Wendy's names in my Muppet Quiz and Good Muppet Morning! posts if I end up changing them. I might also consider giving Walter's Hensonverse counterpart a different performer, like Joey Mazzarino, who auditioned for Walter IOTL, Dan Garza, or John Tartaglia. Might be a little late though.)

EDIT: Shockeye and I agreed to name them Alvin and Audrey. We're still working on Alvin's performer, though Karen Prell will still do Audrey. The Alvin name would really lend itself well to, say, a one-time instance of Piggy yelling his name in frustration as a homage to how Dave Seville yells that name to the chipmunk. I'll edit my guest posts once Alvin's performer is decided on.

EDIT 2: We decided on Artie Esposito as Alvin's performer. Artie wouldn't need to understudy for Kermit when Disney would stick to the principles of not having fill-in performers when the regular performers are still active and thus ruining the Muppets' integrity.

Last edited:
Just was wondering, @Geekhis Khan, do you think the following ever crops up when people are discussing Aida ITTL?

"Well, what did you expect from an opera, a happy ending?"

"No, but I expected it from a fucking Disney cartoon!"

Last edited: