How would other minority groups fare in a victorious CSA?

I think it goes without saying that a Confederate victory in the ACW would be very bad for Southern African-Americans. Slavery would most likely continue for at least a few decades.

But what about other minority groups in the South? What would things be like for them?

Well. I can say during segregation it wasnt "blacks" and "others," it was "coloreds" and "white," so I'm cynical here

Considering that some pro-slavery advocates recommended enslaving free blacks and, in a few cases, even poor whites "for their own good', I'd expect other minority groups to fare poorly in the Confederacy. If the CSA ends up with Indian Territory, I'd expect them to expel, or perhaps even enslave, the Native Americans there. Hispanics would probably be tolerated in Texas, but there likely would be attempts to disenfranchise them.

I think it goes without saying that a Confederate victory in the ACW would be very bad for Southern African-Americans. Slavery would most likely continue for at least a few decades.

But what about other minority groups in the South? What would things be like for them?

Possibly better than you might think.

After all, they accepted a Jewish cabinet officer and a Cherokee Indian general. My impression is that the real "litmus test" was your attitude to slavery. If you were "sound" on that issue you had a good chance of being accepted as an "honourary white".

Nephi

Banned
Possibly better than you might think.

After all, they accepted a Jewish cabinet officer and a Cherokee Indian general. My impression is that the real "litmus test" was your attitude to slavery. If you were "sound" on that issue you had a good chance of being accepted as an "honourary white".

I think that's exactly what would happen to the natives, "honorary white people", mixed marriages themselves might be discouraged, but maybe not.