Rising Sun: Kyrgyz Persia and beyond.

Prologue:

NEW TIMELINE DISCOVERY FORM

This Form Can ONLY Be Used By Inter-Dimensional Explorers

Agent: Ryan Rhee

Tag:1104
The point of Divergence:
Well, finding it for this Timeline is a toughie. It appears to have occurred somewhere in the central Asian steppe, in the domain of the Eastern Gokturks. The most likely explanation concerning the point of divergence is hard to find,simply because there are so many possibilities and the area was preliterate.
Nevertheless, we can ascertain that, for whatever reason, by 593, the Kyrgyz people of the region were busy rebelling and overthrowing their Gokturk overlords. They succeded, and thanks to an alliance with Persia, they conquered most of the Western Gokturks as well. By 620, they were the largest state in Central Asia. They betrayed Persia in 625 and invaded, in a manner reminiscent of Mongols from Timeline 1. They assimilated quickly, and although they lost many of their lands on the steppe, they had a new, richer prize: Persia.

So there is the prologue, guys. I hope you all enjoy this timeline, and I hope I will see you soon.

Very nice! Rare to see TLs with alternate Central Asia this early, let alone the Kyrgyz.

Question, will you be assuming these *Kyrgyz are OTLs Kyrgyz, or the Yenisei Kyrgyz, of which I believe there's a substantial difference?

Solarius

This could be interesting presuming the emergence of Islam from Arabia isn't butterflied and it seems rather late for that. You will have a new, probably vigorous dynasty in Persia which will make it stronger in theory but since it will be alien and have defeated the native Sassanids there could well be a lot of resentment. From the OP the Kyrgyz dynasty will survive in Persia but will that mean they convert to Islam or they successfully throw back the Arab invasions? Presumably they would be basically pagan at the time but I would guess they would convert over time to a more centralised religion. However it could be Islam, Zoesterism[sp] or some version of Christianity or possibly even Buddhism. Whatever faith they convert to I suspect is likely to become the dominate one in central Asia.

Steve

Why would Persia cooperate with a nomadic tribe so far away? the Gokturks never particularly troubled Persia.

The Gokturks had fought the Persians in the First Perso-Turkic war. In any case, the Persian support for the Kyrgyz was not particularly strong. The real reason for the Kyrgyz victory was a well-organized army with good commanders.

The Gokturks had fought the Persians in the First Perso-Turkic war. In any case, the Persian support for the Kyrgyz was not particularly strong. The real reason for the Kyrgyz victory was a well-organized army with good commanders.

And then while this is happening the Persians are fighting the Byzantines?