So what happens to Louisiana if the British put down the American revolution?

So what happens to Louisiana if the American Revolution is put down. In 1775, Louisiana, including the present day American state, as well as much of the American Great Plains, was owned by Spain. New Orleans and Louisiana proper were somewhat settled and there were some settlements around present day St. Louis, but French colonization was not as strong as British or Spanish colonization, and by the late 1700s, even Spain was not doing so well.
So what happens if Britain puts down the colonial rebellion? Obviously British territory stops at the Mississippi. However, does Britain take it later during the French Revolution before it’s given back to the French, or do settlers in Louisiana try to go on their own? Or somehow, does Spain keep it and maybe even Mexico keeps it if Mexico even rebels?

Basically what becomes if this whole region? Not much is known of it and I doubt you see much settlement for a long time except for OTL Louisiana.

Britain might get the territory in a future war with Spain. If not, I'm sure Anglo settlers would still move in regardless. There's no way the Spanish could solidify their control over anything north of St. Louis, or even anything north of OTL's State of Louisiana.

Britain might get the territory in a future war with Spain. If not, I'm sure Anglo settlers would still move in regardless. There's no way the Spanish could solidify their control over anything north of St. Louis, or even anything north of OTL's State of Louisiana.
I really don't think the filibusters are inevitable. If Britain beat down the revolution, then the proclamation of 1773 stands for a few decades at least, slowing colonial expansion and showing that if britian wants the colonies to limit their settlements, they can. Including the then sparsely populated Carolinas and Georgia

Anglo settlers have quite a ways to go before they're into Spanish territory. Prior to the American Revolution, Britain was trying to block movement westward. I don't think you can assume OTL westward migration remains similar in this TTL.

I've said it before. Will say it again. That long porous looking border (the Mississippi River) actually has two choke points at that time. the mouth of the river, and St Louis. Spain can maintain control for a long while.

IF the ARW is put down early, and France does not get involved, the French Revolution may not happen, or may go differently. If it doesn't happen, Britain will not have the occasion to take it, and France likely doesn't demand it back. In this case, I think Spain can maintain control for quite a while, and a Latin/Euro mixed culture evolves. If FR goes as OTL, I expect Britain will take it.

I've said it before. Will say it again. That long porous looking border (the Mississippi River) actually has two choke points at that time. the mouth of the river, and St Louis. Spain can maintain control for a long while.
hell, depending on how britain treats the natives, the Cumberland gap might wind up inhospitable to them- like you said, there's a ways to go