The novel Swastika Night was a pre-WWII (1937) "Nazist victory" dystopia. Any others?

I guess this belongs in the Future History subsection (correct me if I'm wrong), seeing as it was published in 1937 and was describing the aftermath of a Nazist victory in *WWII. I had almost forgotten about it, but someone just reviewed it on their blog and I remembered about it and couldn't find anything on this forum about it. Do you know of other pre-WWII Nazist victory dystopias, or was it unique? Link: Swastika Night

EDIT: forgot to link to the actual review: https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/a-fistful-of-steel

Last edited:
It actually belongs in Alternate History Books and Media, since it's an alternate history type of book. Should PM one of the mods to move it.

It actually belongs in Alternate History Books and Media, since it's an alternate history type of book. Should PM one of the mods to move it.
Yeah, I was wondering about where it belongs, because when it was published in 1937 it was future history. I couln't find a suitable crtiterion to distinguish between things that were future history when they were published, but the events they were describing don't align with the subsequent history that occurred and alternate history. What does future history even mean if what was described in a future history story does not come to pass? If it's alternate history now, that means a future history novel becomes an alternate history novel every day/month/year. I thought the more sensible approach would be to take into account the date of publication, rather than the current date, which changes every day. I wasn't sure though, which is why I asked.

Last edited:
For future reference (no pun intended) Future History is "For discussions of events which primarily take place in the future, including when the point of divergence is in the recent past. Can include "sci fi" elements, but outright ridiculous/fantastic stuff should go in the ASB forum. NOT for debates about present-day politics."

Books/Films/Radio Serial/Comics/Any other published media will go into Alternate History Books and Media. For example, George Orwell's 1984 would not go into Future History even though it was set in the future when published.

To answer your question, this Wikipedia article gives a few more examples, but not many with only Swastika Nights mentioned as having been published before 1939.

I remember some pulp novel (though I've forgotten its title) about a joint Nazi-Soviet invasion of America. It was published sometime between September 1939 and June 1941.