Basically between 1603 to 1625 James I otl tried to unify the English and Scottish churches and while he came close, he didn't manage to unify the Church of England and Scotland.

How could James I accomplish this? What would be the repercussions of this? What would be the effects of it in Ireland?

well one thing James needs to do is reconcile England's Episcopalian tradition with Scotland's Presbyterian tradition. that alone would be a very hard sell for the scots to accept that.

however, if the scots do somehow accept unification of the churches, this makes the Stuarts Great Britain project infinitely easier, so i can definitely see more pushes of integration, so GB may be a country around 1700.

as for how James may accomplish it something would have to go on within Scotland. Whether its something like the Darian expedition or a spanish attack convinces them that cooperation with England is crucial they may become more amicable to it, though england probably will eventually be forced to intervene within the kingdom to force it in the end.

well one thing James needs to do is reconcile England's Episcopalian tradition with Scotland's Presbyterian tradition. that alone would be a very hard sell for the scots to accept that.

however, if the scots do somehow accept unification of the churches, this makes the Stuarts Great Britain project infinitely easier, so i can definitely see more pushes of integration, so GB may be a country around 1700.

as for how James may accomplish it something would have to go on within Scotland. Whether its something like the Darian expedition or a spanish attack convinces them that cooperation with England is crucial they may become more amicable to it, though england probably will eventually be forced to intervene within the kingdom to force it in the end.
James I had introduced bishops back into Scotland, however with less powers. Perhaps merging the Prebystrian and Episcopalian systems to create a completely new system?